The Language Centre
Teach English anywhere in the world
Fontecha Institute(Hialeah) - TLC is a Cambridge Assessment English authorised centre for the CELTA, Language for Teaching and Certificate in EMI Skills courses. These qualifications have been created by Cambridge English, the experts in teacher development and assessment. They have been designed to help you develop your theoretical knowledge, practical skills and professional confidence, no matter what your teaching context. Find the qualification that is right for you.
Why train with us?
- We have been a Cambridge English authorised centre since 2016 and our tutors have been teaching in Halifax for over 15 years.
- Over the years our tutors have trained over 1000 people to teach English in many parts of the world
- Our pass rate is 99% and we have an excellent reputation locally
- We have full-time, part-time and online options available so you can choose a time that suits you best
- Once you have qualified we offer advice and guidance on how to find a job
Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- The gold standard teaching qualification.
For more information:
The Certificate in EMI Skills is for university professors, lecturers, tutors and researchers whose first language is not English, but who use English to teach students, present academic papers and interact with colleagues.
Language for Teaching
The Language for Teaching courses are ideal if you are a teacher working in primary or secondary education, with learners 6-18 years. The course helps you with your general English and English for the classroom, giving you the language you need to teach with confidence.
This course is designed for English language teachers currently working in primary education (6-12 years old) to improve their teaching skills and classroom performance and leads to a recognised qualification from Cambridge English.
The Cambridge CELT-S is designed for English language teachers currently working in secondary school education and teaching 11-18 year olds. It will help teachers improve their teaching skills and classroom performance and leads to a recognised qualification from Cambridge English.